- Raptitude – being a better human
- Monevator – personal finance and investing
- Mad Fientist – early retirement hacks
- Humble Dollar – essays on money and retirement
- Financial Superstar – financial encouragement
- Financial Panther – hustling / self-employment
- The Irrelevant Investor – investing insight (particularly alternative investing)
- Of Dollars And Data – personal finance using data analysis
- Banker on FIRE – building wealth
- No Sidebar – designing a simpler life
- Novel Investor – anecdotes on investing
- Becoming Minimalist – minimalism tips and stories
- A Lawyer and Her Money – personal finance in a sabbatical
- Mr. Money Mustache – when you need a good financial ass kicking!
Favorite Articles / Ideas:
- “Now” page
- CV of Failures
- “HELL YEAH!” or “no”
- Go Deeper, Not Wider
- How to Inscribe a Book
- My Free Legacy Binder
- JL Collins’ Stock Series
- The Three Fund Portfolio
- How To Access Retirement Funds Early
- Why Your House Is a Terrible Investment
- The Scientific 7-Minute Workout [Video]
- How to Provide The Best Customer Service
- The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement
*To see my favorite finds each week, subscribe to my newsletter
Favorite People on @Twitter:
- USAA – where I do all my banking and insurance (auto, life, renters)
- Vanguard – where I do all my (index) investing!
- Republic Wireless – where I have my cell phone service through (cheap/solid)
- Digit – an app that automatically saves you money (I’m an advisor to them)
- Acorns – an app that automatically invests your money
- Honey – a browser extension that automatically applies coupons at checkout
Newsletters I subscribe to:
- 5 AM Joel — Short positive messages to improve your life.
- Josh Radnor’s “museletter” — Notes on what he’s read, watched, and been inspired by lately. Accompanied by essays on things that are top of mind.
- The Plutus Foundation — A non-profit that provides grant money and resources to our financial media community to create, develop, and administer programs that enhance financial literacy empowerment.
- The Lakota Project — An initiative by fellow blogger, A Gai Shan Life, that brings food and warm clothing to families of the Lakota Native American tribe.
- The “Making Do” Program – An initiative by fellow blogger, Stephanie, from PoorerThanYou.com that supports low income, unemployed, and underemployed folks by paying them to share their personal money stories through writing, photography, and art.
- The Sundara Fund — An organization that recycles old hotel soap and empowers/trains local women to distribute it amongst the most vulnerable populations of the world; people who might not even know what soap is! (Crazy fact: poor hygiene is responsible for 1 out of every 9 child deaths worldwide. More than AIDS, measles and malaria combined.
- The Good Cemeterian — A two-person preservation team who restores tombstones and shares the stories behind the people they honor. [Their Instagram is insane]
- Breadcoin — A new currency of tokens you can hand out redeemable for food at local eateries. Great for those uncomfortable giving cash out to those in need.
// Last updated: 12/30/20
// Links to products above are affiliate links